Monday, April 16, 2007

If The Rain Comes, They Run And Hide Their Heads

There has been no Mets Baseball (yeahhhhhh) the last 2 days because it has rained. That makes me sad. I do not enjoy watching the puddles gather rain. And I would never complain that there's no rain. Rain is only good in Israel. Or as a Mortal Kombat character.
So what have I been up to since there hasn't been any Mets Baseball to follow? Mainly, 2 things: I have watched "The Devil's Advocate" and I have watched hockey. Amazingly, one of these 2 things was academic in nature. I surveyed a couple other Mets' fans to see how they were spending their days off. Harold spent Sunday taking a series of naps, while Eric "went shopping and then did nothing." It seems we all have very exciting lives when the Mets miss a couple days. Hard to believe any of us survive the winter.
I didn't see either of the games this weekend because I am shomer Torah U'Mitzvos. (Or at least I was this past Shabbos [at least with respect to watching the Mets game]) Therefore, I don't have much to say about them. I was a little disappointed that they only came away with 1 win out of the Nationals series, as I expected at least 4 or 5, but what can you do. Pelfrey wasn't remarkable in his season debut, but it was good to see him pitch decently and get his feet wet. I think he is a very key part of the rotation this year, and has the young, strong arm that could potentially give the bullpen a needed break after getting a lot of action in Glavine/Duque starts.
Going to the game tomorrow night here...hopefully. That should be a pleasant experience. Sporting events in Philadelphia always are.

1 comment:

Eric said...

I just want to memorialize the fact that it snowed today, in not the North Pole, on April 16th. Bullshit weather.